Monday, November 19, 2012

Whirlwind Ahead

This week always seems like the first week of the holiday season for me.  The week where I start paying a little more attention to the sales ads, when I am finalizing my shopping lists and really thinking about the things I want to get done fore the holiday season.

The weeks seem to rush by even faster and we all try to keep up.  There are only 5 weeks left before Christmas so the next few weeks will be a whirlwind of shopping, baking, wrapping, decorating, stressing and delighting in the season. 

While this year is less than cheerful for me, I'm trying to remail positive and not let on to the kids that I am miserable and not really knowing how I'm going to buy them gifts but I do know that somehow things work out in the end, they always do. 

I am still going to get a job and I found one that doesn't work for me but I would love for my husband to do, even though he already has a job.  This one would be so perfect for him but he is really liking his current job and he likes his coworkers. 

So, I have been applying for jobs and hoping that maybe I will get a call this week and I can begin my holiday shopping. 

So, to get back to my original point, (I'm so good at getting off topic :P) I love Thanksgiving and getting together with my family.....we are loud, we are fun and we laugh a ton.  I know it is going to be a stress reliever for me to just relax and enjoy the time together.  At the core of my life, is my family and it always has been and always will be.   I think we are planning a dance off using Just Dance for Wii.  We did this at our family Easter gathering and we had a blast.  If we are doing this, I'm wearing comfy pants instead of jeans and I'm stretching! We have a few good dancers in our family so it's on, like Donkey Kong!!!

Besides the food, Thanksgiving is a mix of family, football and fun.  Who doesn't love all that?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment