Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, I am wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope you are able to spend some time with those you love and are thankful for.  I will be spending the day with my family, running a virtual 5K with my Mamavation ladies, going to my sister's house to eat, laugh and eat some more.  Yes, I am running a 5K then going to eat.  It's not counter productive.  I am running and burning calories so I can use more for all my eating. ;)

One thing that I think is important is that we shouldn't necessarily save all our thankful moments for one day.  Tell someone each day that you are thankful to have them in your life.  Be thankful daily for all your blessings.  Share blessings with others every single day and recognize that we take things for granted far too much. 

I am thankful for so many things.  I am healthy, I have 3 great kids and a wonderful husband who all love me unconditionally.  Even on the days when I am less than deserving.  They are my life, my rock and my inspiration.  We are lucky to have a roof over our heads, warmth in our home and food on the table. 

I often think of those that are less fortunate than we are and how they handle this time of year.  Those that are alone and don't have warmth in their homes, clean clothes on their backs and food to eat.  We need to keep those people in our hearts and help them when we can.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Thank you for your friendship, your love and your kindness.


No comments:

Post a Comment