Monday, January 6, 2014

Organization Tips

One of my many goals for this year is to be more organized.  I have a lot of ideas and I want to start implementing them soon but I'm wondering what methods are the best.

I already have a laundry schedule which works out because it means that I do one load of laundry a day and usually, I don't have any to do on Sundays. We also have chores for the kids which takes care of kitchen and bathroom cleaning.  That all is fine and dandy, but that is only cleaning...and only some of the cleaning.

I need to organize my billing center which I would like to have places for everything and start doing online expense and income tracking.  I know, I am so far behind what everyone else does but I need to get to that point because I need a more visual version of what we are doing.  I also think this will help us save more money. Seeing what you spend on a screen in your face is much more effective than just looking at the bills and checkbook.

Paperwork.  Holy moly, we get a ton of paperwork.  With the kids schoolwork, bills, general papers, we are swamped over here.  Some days, I feel like we are floating away on the paperwork.  I have a small file box thing with file folders but somehow that system doesn't always work.  I need a central nervous system.  A place where things are organized and planned out and I am on top of everything.  I need to look into some organizers or something.

I am pretty old fashioned in that I like to have an actual paper calendar and planner.  I still write everything down because for me, I am more likely to remember something that I wrote down than what is on my Google calendar.

I have scoured Pinterest and Etsy and found some great ideas that I think I can pull off.  I just need to be more efficient in my running of the household.

Also on the list, more menu planning.  It seems that I am not the only one.  The discussions on Facebook have been going on about menu planning, doing batch meals, freezing them and doing crockpot meals.  I have begun this process and with a Facebook event my friend posted, hopefully I will get some more great recipes.  I am looking at inexpensive, easy meals that my family will love.  I have incorporated some Paleo meals into the mix and hopefully as I continue on, I will do even more of them.  There is nothing better than having crockpot meals, made from scratch to cook.  I love the crockpot.  When you are a busy family, it is a staple in the house!

Are you planning to be more organized in the new year?  What do you do already that works well for you?  I'd love to hear some ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment