Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dreaming of a Getaway

I swear that every winter I start dreaming of where I want to go or what I want to do in the coming summer months.  I guess it is because I am not a fan of winter at all. Sure I think the snow is pretty when it is sticking to the trees and it looks so serene but then the novelty wears off the instant I walk outside. 

I hate being all bundled up and feeling like I can't even move my arms.  I much more prefer to be free to move wearing a tank top and shorts and being barefoot! Summer is my time.  I enjoy the sunshine, the heat and the long days and evenings before the sun goes down...when you smell people grilling and hear the crickets chirping.

Oh, wow, getting off track there.....

Anyway, I am starting to think of things that I want to do, places to go.  We plan on doing some small trips for camping or just a weekend away with the kids.  However, we have a big 15th wedding anniversary coming up and I'd like to do a bit more with Chuck to celebrate.  We have tossed ideas around like NYC, Niagara Falls, Ocean City, Atlantic City, etc.  I am starting to wonder why we can't make it even bigger and maybe fly down to Florida for a few days.  I mean you only celebrate this milestone once, right?! If I can find an inexpensive place to stay.

I have done a few searches and did find a few things that might work.  We figured that if we were going away, we'd rather go somewhere nice and near a beach so I am thinking I want to go south somewhere just for a long weekend, maybe a Thursday through Sunday or Monday. 

Dreaming......

No comments:

Post a Comment