Sunday, January 12, 2014

It's Just Another Day

That is always my response when my birthday comes up and people ask me what I am doing for my birthday.  We usually don't do anything for my birthday because it is usually a tough time of the year.  We just got done with the holidays and the chaos of all of that.  Money is usually tight and so doing anything special takes away from bills or gas money.

This year, undoubtedly, I will be asked what I want to do for my birthday and you know what? I sort of want to do something special. I would love to get all dolled up and head out for lunch or dinner and have a special meal with my special loves.  I would love to go catch a movie or stroll around the mall.  Heck, I'd even love to go for a road trip for the day just driving around nowhere in particular.  I just want to be with my loves and actually make it a special day.

In past years, I have said no to doing anything because I didn't want to make a fuss, I would clean the house, do laundry, make dinner and that was it.

Over the last year, I have realized that it's okay to spend some time and money on myself when I want.  I am worth it.  We can't afford anything outrageous or I would get the coat I've been wanting but that is too much money right now.

I try to make everyone in my house feel special on their birthday so why not do that for mine, right?! I haven't thought too much on lunch or dinner.  I have a few ideas but nothing solid.  I don't even know which movie I would want to go see. I am grateful for everything so even if we do end up staying home and relaxing, I will be happy.  I can cook my own favorite meal and we can rent a movie.  As long as I am with my loves, I am happy.

I just don't want it to be just another day.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about my birthday....and in all honesty my husbands falls under the same sort of thing. Mine is in Sept...we've just done Back to school shopping for 4 of our 5 children....We are usually strapped for cash so we don't do anything. My husband just celebrated his birthday Saturday, and our son's bday was Sunday. So having just come on the heels of Christmas, we had a very low key weekend. We went to lunch as a family and had a joint birthday cake Saturday evening, then a picnic Sunday afternoon. I know when my birthday comes around this year, I am asking my husband to just let me have a couple hours to myself, so I can go relax on the beach. It's free and nearby! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a perfect birthday celebration! I don't need all the hoopla, but I would like a small celebration.

      Delete
    2. That sounds like a perfect birthday celebration! I don't need all the hoopla, but I would like a small celebration.

      Delete