Friday, March 28, 2014

Where Will We Find The Time

I mentioned before how I have a list of things I want to do this summer.  That list keeps growing.  A lot.  I have projects listed, places I want to go, things I want to do, races I want to run and the list is most likely beyond what we are actually able to do.

I have our vacation planned.  We are heading down to Virginia at the beginning of June, this means the kids are going to miss their last day of school.  We are going down for a wedding then the day after the wedding, we are heading over to the coast to spend three nights in Ocean City, MD.  Even while we are there, there are a few things I'd like to do and take the kids to see.  I really want them to see the wild horses since it is close by.  They will get to experience the boardwalk for the first time although we are not staying right in the area of the boardwalk.  I wanted to opt for a quieter section of the beach so we are very close to the MD and DE border.  The kids have only ever been to a quiet beach in the Outer Banks....the boardwalk in summer will be exciting for them.

I would like to do a few camping weekends, a lot of weekend hiking trips, some home improvement or yard improvement projects, a trip to the amusement park, days at the park having a picnic and playing, days at the lake to go fishing and generally, a lot of family time where we aren't running here or there at certain times to do certain things.  I am hoping for a carefree summer of fun.

I can try to plan as much as I want but I know that things don't always pan out the way we want so I won't hold the schedule too much.  We may just wake up one day and decide to do something fun, we are spontaneous like that. I'm so glad our kids are at the ages that we can do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment