Friday, March 14, 2014

Restless Moments

The warmer weather is coming and I am becoming more and more restless.  I love the sunshine and warmth, it makes me want to be outside as much as possible.  If you add in the fact that my kids have outdoor sports this spring, I want to be outside even more to watch them as they compete in their sports.

This is an issue every year and I get restless. I get restless in my job, in my life, in everything.  I tend to start looking for ways that I can be outside more, at work less, with my family more, in the office less.  It sucks.

In a lot of ways, I have been frustrated at work, for reasons that I don't really want to get into on my blog but I can say that I have been browsing the job listings just to see what is out there.  There are certainly a lot of things that I do like about the job like the fact that I have a 5 minute commute, the boss is pretty flexible with my schedule and some of the people are good people.

The whole issue of my not being able to be there for all my kids' sporting events, kills me though.  I posted about it on Facebook, the fact that mom guilt creeps up on me so quickly when I can't be there for all their track meets. I will be there for all their lacrosse games, thank goodness.  However, when my kid asks if I will be there for their first home meet and I have to say no, it breaks my heart. I may see what I can do to make it though.  I may try to work extra hours on other days to see if I can leave early, not sure yet though.

I am getting restless with the house and the outside of the house.  I want to upgrade, fix up, paint and build all the things. My list for this summer is insane but I really am getting tired of how everything looks.  We've lived here for four years so it's about time we change a few things.  We've been a bit reluctant to do some of the things but we need to do it.

We want to:
paint the kitchen
change the bathroom floor
paint the living room
put in tile backsplash in kitchen
drywall the basement stairwell (it's old, wall studs)
do something with steps going upstairs (they are deep and steep)
put recess lighting in living room

Yeah, we are definitely restless after such a long winter!  Hopefully the sun and warmth comes soon so I won't be feeling this way much longer.  Too much time spent indoors has gotten me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment