Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Surprising Myself

One of my main goals this year is to get back into shape, preferrably a slimmer and trimmer shape.  I have my weight goals but I do track my measurements also for my stomach, hips, arms and thighs.  The numbers have gone down a bit since October but I hope they continue to go down and my measurements improve. 

I have been doing a few workouts here and there for my abs and my arms.  I try to do these exercises both in the morning and at night.  I am hoping that this becomes quite routine for me and is second nature after awhile.  It isn't anything too stenuous but I know that it will make a difference in the long run. 

In an effort to get back into running, I signed up for two different challenges or groups.  They are #13in2013, where we are challenging ourselves to run 13 different races in 2013 and the second is #5bythe5th, where we are challenging ourselves to run a 5K by the 5th of each month from January through June.  These are personal challenges and we do log them online with the group.  There are no fees but there are options for t shirts and medals!  Both challenges are doing a few virtual races to make it easier since some people, like myself,  live in areas that don't have actual races during the winter months.  I know that I am going to see this challenge through to the end.  I already have 10 races written down that I am doing. 



I hope that by the end of these challenges, I am feeling the best I've ever felt and feeling like I am a true runner.  I have always wanted to be a runner and never really saw it through but these fun challenges will help me to keep going. 

Today I ran 3.6 miles with my dog and I finished in 33.08.  That is a very fast time for me, I've never run that fast before in my life!! I think it helped to have my dog with me! He must have made me run faster.  I feel good though.  Tomorrow may be a different story. 

1 comment: