Sunday, May 25, 2014

What's Your Why

A few weeks ago, I was in the car with my son after one of his lacrosse games and he asked me what my why is.  I told him that it was a very good  question.  I'm not sure if someone asked him that or he heard it and decided to ask me.

I often tell other people that I am doing this health and fitness thing for several reasons.  It is so true.  It's hard to pinpoint exactly why I am trying to be the best me that I can be.  I feel like there isn't just one reason. 

  • Me.  I am trying to be my best because for many years, I have been doing so much for others, I have put myself on the back burner in an effort to care for others and make other happy.  I don't necessarily think that it is a bad thing that I have done so much for others.  I do enjoy doing things for others.  However, it is my time to put myself first.  The time that I spend working out or running, I get my thoughts out, my frustrations out and stress is lessened.  I am able to relax when I need to relax and I am able to have the energy needed to keep up with my family.
  •  My family.  My husband and my kids are my number one in life.  They are what keeps me grounded, what keeps me going everyday.  I need to be able keep up with them and I want to be able to stay active with my kids, playing in the backyard.  Run with them, ride bikes with them, play baseball, catch and frisbee with them. We love to be active so I can't do that if I am not healthy. 
  • To help others.  It is in my nature to help others.  I want to help people in any way I can.  I love that some people have remarked that because of me, they have started to exercise more.  It is so good for people to get out and move, to find that one thing that makes them feel good about themselves.  I love to help others find that thing.  To see that they are worth the time and effort it takes to be healthy and active.  

So, now I'm asking you, what is YOUR why?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment