Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Routine, organization and Figuring It All Out

As the school year gets closer, I am trying to think of ways to make things run a little smoother, more organized and more efficient.  With three kids, it gets pretty hectic.  The older kids are pretty self-sufficient so it isn't as hard with them but they take on more personal responsibility and that means that I need to give them the space and opportunity to flourish.  Jada has her own desk in her room where she can study and do her homework.  The boys don't have a desk so homework is usually done at the kitchen table or on the coffee table in the living room. 

We have a loft upstairs that I think I am going to make into a homework/study area for the kids.  We have been thinking of moving the computer up there anyway so it would make for a great centralized location for all of that. 

The family calendar is in the kitchen but I feel like I need a nook or wall station where they can put papers, reminders, permission slips, etc.  I tried doing corkboards last year and it just wasn't what I envisioned so those are gone now. 

As the kids get involved in activities and more sports, we need to have our lives work as a well-oiled machine and that means we all need to work together to make it work for all of us. 

I think I will head on over to Pinterest to check out some ideas!  What do you do to make things run smoothly for your family during the school year?!

No comments:

Post a Comment