Friday, June 7, 2013

I want, I want

It's so easy to make a list of the things we want.  I can think of several things within seconds of someone asking me what I want. Some are small things and some are big things, some are expensive, others are not.

I just talked to Chuck's cousin today about a reunion that his cousin is hosting....in North Carolina....at the end of July.  I would love to go and in my mind today I was trying to configure just how we could make it work.  I really don't think we could but I sure would love to go.  I need to get away for a bit and a long weekend in North Carolina seems like a perfectly good solution to that problem. 

However, the end of July is not a really good time for us to be taking a long weekend.  We have my brother's wedding two weeks before that and we have rent due the first of August.  We also have Lincoln's birthday the Sunday of the weekend of the reunion.  I was planning on having a nice, big birthday party for Lincoln on his actual birthday.  It's not that I can't change that plan because I could. 

The timing just isn't right.  Aside from all those reasons, taking a 9 hour car ride for a three day trip seems like a long way to go for such a short amount of time.  Chuck always does all the driving and that is a lot to ask of him within 3 days. 

I am not totally ruling out the trip just yet because Chuck hasn't said too much but I am assuming we will have to skip out on this fun event.  It is a reunion for him and all his cousins because they haven't all been together in a very long time.  We are all adults now and we need to start making plans to see each other more often.  I would love it if it became a yearly reunion but again, I'm not sure if that will happen. 

A long weekend away is still on my list of things I want.......

No comments:

Post a Comment