Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stepping It Up

When I quit working full time back in June, I had an online job lined up and it was going to be awesome, I was going to work and make great money and well, I was excited. 

It didn't work out.  Ever since then, I have been looking for a part time or full time job that I could do from home so that I would still be able to take Lincoln to school everyday and also be there for my older kids.  That was my number one job, mom.

I finally found something that is going to work well for me, at least I hope.  It sounds promising and I didn't have to pay anything to start this job, like many of the other proposed work-at-home jobs I found.  I will be working from home as a call center agent for a company that helps with higher education. 

I start training today and will start my actual job tomorrow....on the first day of the new pay cycle so it works out well.

This new job will be 25 or more hours a week so nothing too overwhelming.  It does mean that I will be staying home more in the evenings and Chuck gets to do more of the kids taxiing! Which is totally fine with me! 

I really hope this works well for me.  I have to split my work day up into two separate sections since Lincoln is in half day school but I think to next year when I can be working during the day, uninterrupted and actually add hours to my days.  Yet, I will still have the flexibility to be there for the kids and go on field trips or help at holiday shops, etc.  Living my dream.

Aside from all of that, my Scentsy business seems to be picking up.  I have had more shows, more events and parties lately and I am happy about that.  I joined Scentsy 2 years ago and I haven't worked it the way I wanted to until lately so it is nice to see it taking off a bit!  Anyone need anything Scentsy, let me know, I got you!

Life is looking up....slowly but surely, it's looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment