Monday, October 15, 2012

Mamavation Monday: Small Steps to Big Leaps

 I posted my fitness/weight goals and I have gotten started. 

I have really been utilitizing Pinterest for my home workouts.  It is amazing how you can find so many different workouts to do and you could do a different one every single day if you wanted to.  I haven't been doing anything crazy like the Insanity workouts but I've been doing small, short workouts that really target certain areas or get my heart going.

I did find an arm workout that I really like and I've been doing that every single morning for almost a week.  I haven't been keeping track of measurements so I have no idea if there is a difference in my arms yet but I like the workout so I will continue that for awhile until I feel that I can add more weight on to it. I am doing it now with 2lb. weights to start out.  I don't want to start out by doing too much because then I will be more likely to give it up. 

This is my arm workout that I do daily:


I usually start out with this then I find a total body, thigh, lower body, core or any workout that I feel like doing.  This morning I did a good workout that got my heart rate up.  I would say it was a total body workout as it worked my arms, abs, legs, and core. 

Here is the workout I did this morning after my arm workout


It was tough and I was sweating and breathing hard but that is a good thing.  That is what I want.  I want a workout that I know is making me push myself. 

I feel great after this workout and I know that I can go through the rest of the day knowing that I accomplished this tough one.  I look forward to working out again tomorrow.  I may start doing the arm workout again before bed at night.  Just for something a little extra.

So far, my weight has remained the same.  I am okay with that because I know this is not an overnight process.  This will take time.  I have a long range goal and I know the road is long and winding, but I can do this!

3 comments:

  1. Great goals! I always have the best results with small steps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the sistahood.

    You are doing such a great job with your workouts. I never thought to look to pinterest for workouts. Thanks you for sharing :)

    My Mamavation Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. One step at a time. You can do it. Slow changes are good means it will stick in the long run. Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete