Thursday, October 4, 2012

Reclaiming Me

If you are a mom, you know how easy it is to lose yourself.  We are so busy taking care of everyone else that we get lost in the bottles, diapers, preschool, projects, sports, activities, running errands and 4372980432 other things that somehow we forget who we are. 

I am no different.  I have been a mom for 12, almost 13 years and the sense of myself has ebbed and flowed a few times.  I have lost myself, found myself and lost myself again.  I have been lost for a few years.  I was busy working full time outside of the home and being a taxi driver, nurse, teacher, cook, therapist, etc.  You get the point. 

I have been watching my friend, Kat, for awhile now through Facebook and Twitter.  She has found herself in a huge way.  She has been working so hard and so diligently to lost a lot of weight and live a healthier lifestyle.  She is a true inspiration to me and I want to follow in her footsteps. 

Four years ago, I started going to a gym and working out.  I was dedicated and my husband joined me in working out and with his help and guidance, along with some great classes at the gym, I lost 22lbs in six months.  I was so happy, I was so proud and I was in the best shape I had been in since high school....maybe even better shape than high school!  I felt amazing. 

Then, I started working full time and was going to the gym less and less.  I was eating more and more and working out maybe one day a week.  A drastic drop from the 5 days a week I was going. 

My husband just started a new job and in six weeks, he has lost a total of 27lbs. and he looks good.  He hasn't been working out but apparently, the job itself is enough of a workout to help him lose that much.  Another factor is his drinking.  He wasn't an alcoholic by any means but he drinks waaayy less now that he needs to be up extra early and works long hours.  There just isnt' enough downtime.  Anyway, he has lost this weight and he is going to start working out soon so that he can tone up his muscles and maybe even bulk up a bit.  He is going to look amazing. 

I need to get there too.  I need to get some weight off and tone up.  I need to feel good again and be healthy and show my kids what it means to life a healthy lifestyle and remain active so that I can keep up with them! 

I have some goals already, nothing too extreme or unrealistic.  In fact, they are very atainable. 

My goals:

* Lose 11 pounds to a goal weight of 130lbs. 
* Tone my arms and legs
* Strengthen my core and feel those abs again

Nothing too crazy, right?! 

I can do this.  I have done it before and I know I can do it again.  One thing I have this time around and I didn't last time was Pinterest.  Yes, I said Pinterest. I have found some really great workouts on there that I can do at home and that only take out a half hour of my day!  I will have a membership to my gym again so that will also help.  I will be able to workout and run at the gym when the weather is bad.  I can go there while Lincoln is in school in the afternoons. 

So, if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, please excuse all the workout or fitness posts you will be seeing.  I know it can be annoying but honestly, for me, it is a way for me to stay accountable and posting about it helps me. 

I'm on my way back to being me, the me that I can be proud of and show the world.  The me that is important and confident.  The me that can walk around with my head held high and maybe even inspire others.

No comments:

Post a Comment