Sunday, January 18, 2015

Off to a great start

Well, I am back from my hiatus and really to get rolling for a successful, happy, full of fun 2015!

I have been busier than ever but I want to get back to some fun and one of the best things for me was getting my thoughts and feelings out on my blog so I'm back! 

I will say that 2015 has gotten off to a great start and I am so happy with where this year is heading.

I have spent the past couple of months focusing on things that matter to me, first and foremost, my marriage. We weren't really on the rocks or headed for divorce or anything but we needed to focus more on us.  We started by making sure that we went on a date every week.  So, every Friday or Saturday, we go out for dinner and a few drinks.  Nothing fancy but it's necessary. Chuck always says to me that "before the kids and our jobs, it was us."  That has become my motto for our marriage, we need to remember that we are the foundation of our family and having that time to bond and focus on each other is absolutely a priority.  Even if it means 2-3 hours together, the outcome has been great.  We are laughing more, we are remembering what we love about each other and it's something to look forward to every week.  There's nothing better than knowing I get my best friend all to myself every week!

We have been trying to make sure that we are keeping the kids grounded...not in the punishment sense. We want to know that in a society where kids are spoiled, ungrateful and mouthy, we are not allowing it from our kids.  It isn't always easy since they are surrounded by kids that are given everything they could want and get them simply by telling their parents to get it for them.  We weren't raised that way and our kids aren't being raised that way.  We work hard for everything we have...our kids will as well.  In the process, we are trying to spend time as a family.  We are watching movies, sitting around talking and just hanging out together. We want our kids to know that we are here for them.  That they can talk to us and trust us.  It's not easy raising teenagers!!

Personal goals.  I have a lot of them.  Some of them are easily attainable, as long as I focus on the goal.  Most are things I need to put my best effort into and I plan on checking in on my goals every month to check my progress.  Here are a few of them: run 2 half marathons, be a better wife, mom, sister, daughter and friend, build my business, make my goal weight, tone and firm muscles, go on a family vacation and a weekend away with Chuck.  I have also come to realize that some goals are going to depend on my reaching other goals. 

I have already run one race this year and I bettered my time for that particular race.  My goal is to do at least one race every month and I need to finish my race calendar and work on registering for them.

I am excited for where 2015 will take me, my family and everyone else.  I am hopeful that this will be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment