Sunday, February 3, 2013

MAMAVATION MONDAY: Keep on Keeping On

 
I'm happy to report that I did, in fact, finish out my goal of doubling my original goal and I ended up with 40 miles of running in the month of January!  I actually finished the goal by running for a solid 4 miles on Wednesday, muchto my surprise and delight.  So happy my husband told me to push myself and run a 4 miler instead of breaking it up into 2 two-milers.  He always encourages me to push myself to places I have never been and the result was such pride so I have him to thank for his support and faith in me that I sometimes don't have.
 
My eating habits have been less than stellar.  I think I started to get into a  sort of rut because although I was eating right and running every other day, I am not losing any weight at all.  I can feel the changes in my body but the frustration over the numbers was getting me down.  I am trying to regroup and change things up, shake them up a bit.  I am going to try to change my routines and run every other day and the other days, focus on weights.  That is what really helped me last time I lost 20+ pounds.  When I added in regular weight training, the weight started to really come off.  I only have like ten or so pounds to lose so it's not a huge number but I have a goal and I want to reach it so I am determined to do what I need to. 
 
I signed my son up for his first 5k for the year at the end of March...he is 12 and is in a running club at school so they are required to do at least one 5k.  We did this one last year and it is a good course, so I am doing this one too again this year.  It will be my first actual 5k, unless I decide to do another local one on the 16th of March.  I am doing a lot of virtual 5k's but I'd like to do more outside running and I have to admit, I do enjoy getting those t-shirts and bibs or medals. 
 
I received two medals the other day from Virtual Run Queen.  One is for the run I did on my birthday and the other is for the Shamrock Shuffle next month.  I love the bling!  I can't wait to collect more medals throughout the year.  I do also save the bibs from 5k's because I just love the way they look and it's a great reminder of my efforts. 
 


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of running a 5K with your son! I have a while before my son will walk/run that far, but it's a great goal. I second adding weights in to your routine, it will definitely help you lose those last few pounds. Good luck, I know you've got this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat with the numbers on the scale but what counts is how you feel in your clothes those inches. Love the idea of making it a family event and your son doing a 5k also. I will be doing the Shamrock run also.

    ReplyDelete