Thursday, February 21, 2013

Harnessing the Busy

Wow, adding a part time job into my life has proven to add a lot more than part time busy.  I mean, I knew that adding that in would take time away from the things I used to do while the kids were all in school but that's not the only thing.  Yes, this afternoon job means that I now have to do all my running of errands in the mornings but also, I am running errands for work and doing a few things outside of work hours when I can fit it in.

Lincoln and I don't get to lounge around as much as we used to but it also has allowed us to go out for lunch dates more often.

I love my job, I really do.  I have never been happier at a job than I am here.  I get to do all those organizing office things that I love, I am starting to get into the marketing/advertising end of things and I am helping to organize holiday skate themes, which is right up my alley! The people that I work with are all so nice....all guys but they are nice.  Somedays I feel like the odd man, er woman, out but that's okay.  They are all respectful and kind to me so that's what matters most.

Aside from work, I am still running the kids to and from their activities.  Jada is joining the track and field team so that is going to add in pickups to my list of things but that's okay with me since it means she is joining a sport that is physically great for her.  I will really enjoy going to her meets and seeing her run or jump or whichever events she chooses to participate in.  She is so excited and so am I.

We are on the search for a new vehicle for Chuck.  We have spent a great deal of time looking online and driving around to look.  We have found a few great ones but every single time we get to them, they are sold :( so the search continues and quite frankly, I am over it.  I am so tired of looking at cars, trucks and SUV's.  However, it will be nice when I don't have to worry about the reliability of his current truck and he will be able to help with pickups and dropoffs!

I haven't been working out like I was last month.  That is my biggest gripe.  My clothes are fitting snug again and my body is getting soft.  I am going to have to push myself to fit in the workouts. My sister-in-law offered me a treadmill that is much nicer than the one I have now so I will be happy to jump on that and get in my 3 milers and maybe more if the machine is easy on my knees.  I need to get back to it to fit into the wedding skirt so the struggle to do what I need to do continues! Only 148 days until the wedding!


No comments:

Post a Comment