Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Keeping Busy

I wasn't making it up when I said that I am enjoying being home with the kids and making sure the household is being run and everything is going smoothly.  However, I do get a little bored once the big kids are in school and Lincoln and I are here by ourselves.  He is perfectly happy to sit quietly and play by himself or watch a show or two...after we do his practice lessons.  I end up on the computer just browsing around between loads of laundry or sweeping or whatever else needs done. 

My friend runs a local gym (the one I used to go to) and she sent me a message last week about the gym needing someone on an as needed basis to work in the nursery.  I told her that I am available because they need someone in the mornings during the week and it just happens that the hours are before I need to take Lincoln to school. She said she would give my name to the girl that runs the nursery scheduling.  So, basically, I will be filling in for the nursery workers when someone can't make it.  It's only a few hours a day, when they need me so it's certainly not anything that is regular and I'm not going to make a huge amount of money or anything but it's something I can do for a few extra bucks occasionally. 

The one perk is that I will have a free gym membership!  That is awesome and I will get a lot of use out of it when the colder weather comes.  That means I can do all the classes that I love or go on the Precor machine that is my best friend. 

I'm pretty excited about it.  The nursery scheduler called me today and I have to go in sometime this week so she can show me what needs done when I am working, which is only a few things and I have been in there tons of times when the kids were younger and I was at the gym 4-5 days a week working out.  So, just one more exciting thing that is going for me. 

I'm so thankful my friend thought of me. She had asked me several years ago if I was interested in a nursery position and back then, the timing just wasn't right so I'm happy to be available now!

No comments:

Post a Comment