Friday, August 1, 2014

Do Good and Good Will Come Your Way

I've heard this a few times and it has started to really resonate with me.  I want to do good for others, not because I feel like good will come my way but the way I feel when I know that I have helped someone in need is beyond measure.  I can't hold it in my hands, I can't put a monetary value on it or give it to anyone else.....it's pride, it's happiness, it's a full heart.

There are so many people that I want to help.  I am always looking for ways to help others and just this morning, my husband asked why I am always so into getting involved with donations, setting up fundraisers, etc. My answer was simple, "because I can."  That's all it takes.  I willing heart.

I know that there are a lot of charities out there.  There are millions of people in need and choosing whom and when to donate or volunteer can be overwhelming. I get it.

The Monkey Do Project is important to me because we are helping people in our own area that are living as though they are living in a third world country.  Some without electricity or heat.  Some with no food or water.  Yes, this is happening in our own country, only hours from where I live.

For some families, summer means that their children are not getting regular meals because school is not in session and they cannot afford to buy the food that the kids need.  The food banks are not flowing with food to give.  Children are going days without eating.

Here is a statistic from the Monkey Do Project that is shocking and sad.

6 OUT OF 7 AMERICAN SCHOOL CHILDREN PARTICIPATING IN SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAMS WON’T HAVE ACCESS TO REGULAR MEALS DURING THE SUMMER
This is not okay.  We need to do better. We need to help those in need.  How can you help?  What can you do?

You can head over to the Monkey Do Project and make a donation, any amount is appreciated and we can help those families, those children to get the food and nutrition that they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment