Monday, July 15, 2013

Down to the Wire

My brother is getting married in 4 days. Four days.  The time since they were first engaged until now has flown by faster than I ever could have imagined.  I've had so much fun being involved and helping where I could.  The work isn't over just yet.  I am working on baskets for the bathrooms that you see at receptions.  The ones that have band-aids, hairspray, aspirin, etc. in them for the guests.  I volunteered to do those and I am working on filling those up.

I've got my nails done and hair appointment set.  I need to get my pedicure (didn't want to do it too soon) and then find someone to do my makeup.  The wedding is outdoors and it is supposed to be about 90 degrees with a chance of rain! I have some acne and I was hoping to get my makeup professionally done so that I can make sure I still look good for the pictures afterward.

I am so nervous and anxious and I'm not quite sure why.  This is not my wedding! There is just so much time and effort that has been put into this and I want everything to go smoothly.  My brother and soon to be sister-in-law have done everything themselves and a lot of the details are homemade with a personal touch.  I want their day to be everything they envision it to be.

I still have to get Lincoln's clothes because it has been difficult to find the outfit without paying an insane amount of money.  We are going tomorrow to hunt for an outfit and we aren't stopping until we find it.

We are down to the wire and everything is coming together.  We are so excited to see the wedding and have fun in the process.

It's hard to put into words how I feel about my baby brother getting married and just how much I adore his fiance'.  She is the perfect girl.  She is kind, loving, smart, funny and so easy to get along with.  She would do anything for my kids and treats us as family.  I am so happy to call her my sister.  It's not like we had to wait until they are married to call her family because she has been such a big part of our family for the past seven years.  The marriage was just a formality.

I got her a small gift from my sister and I as a way to welcome her to our sisterhood.  I can't wait to give it to her and I hope she likes it.  If anything, she knows it came from our hearts.

I can't wait to show pictures of the wedding when I have them.  Be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment