Friday, April 24, 2015

Get Your Smoothie On For a Dose of Protein

I am not a regular smoothie maker or drinker but when I do have them, I absolutely love them!  I love being able to throw everything in the blender and have this nutritious, tasty treat and it can replace a meal!  So easy for an on-the-go breakfast or snack.

Summer is coming which means that more fresh fruits will be available to throw in the smoothies.  There is one recipe that I go back to often because it is one of my favorites.

Strawberry, Banana Smoothie with Almond Butter

Now, my kids love smoothies too so this recipe is enough for several people....maybe four depending on how much the kids take. ;)

2 Cups Plain, Greek Yogurt
2 Medium Bananas
2 Cups Frozen Strawberries, unsweetened
2 Tbsp. Almond Butter

I make sure I cut the fruit up into smaller pieces just because it seems to blend up a little better and you don't have to keep scraping the sides of the cup.  Throw everything in there and blend away!  So simple, so yummy and so nutritious!

When having this particular smoothie, you will get approximately 6-7g. of protein from the almond butter.

There are other things that you can add to a smoothie to get a good source of protein.  Some of those things are: kale, cottage cheese, pumpkin seeds, oats and chia seeds.  I tend to stay away from adding anything into my smoothies that will add too much texture to it.  That is just my personal preference though.  I encourage everyone to dust off their blenders and make a smoothie today!  It is easy, fast and so delicious!

I'd love to see what you enjoy in your smoothies..go on #ShowUsYourSmoothie  If you would like to see what DailyBurn has to offer with their line of protein-packed products, you can visit their site here.

Disclaimer:  I did not receive monetary compensation for this post.  I was contacted to be a part of the #showusyoursmoothie project through DailyBurn.  I was not prompted or scripted for this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment