Thursday, May 15, 2014

I Got the What?! What's a Liebster?

If you look up the word Liebster, you will get a translation from German to English and it means "dearest, beloved."  I received the Liebster Award from Rebecca at Flex and Shout Fitness!  It means that I have a beloved health and fitness blog.  I am so thankful to her for her nomination.  Does this award hold any weight in the blogging world?  Maybe not, but I still adore it.  :)



The award comes from bloggers to other bloggers with a smaller following to help get their blog out there to those that may not know about them.  I love the idea!  There are rules attached to this award..you don't just receive it and smile. 

Here's the lowdown on the process:

1. You have to answer the questions that the blogger that nominated you gave to you.
2. You have to give the award to 10 fellow bloggers that have a small following.
3. You have to give the nominees 10 questions for them to answer on their post about the award.
4. You must link back to the person/blog that nominated you (of course!)
5. Go to each of your nominees' blogs to let them know you are nominating them!

Seems easy enough, right?!  I think it is a great way to network, find great, new blogs and have some fun along the way!

Here I go.......

So, again, I was nominated by Rebecca at Flex and Fitness....be sure to check out her blog, she posts some great workouts!

The questions she gave me:

1. What do you love most about fitness? Pick 1!  
I love that I have found that I am able to do so much more than I ever thought possible, I am stronger than I thought I was!
2. Where is you favorite place to work out?
My favorite place to workout is probable outside. I have found some great outdoor workouts to do in my yard and I prefer to run the roads in my neighborhood.
3. Do you prefer to workout alone or with a buddy? Why?
I think it depends on the workout.  I usually run alone but I do like when my son or husband joins me, they usually push me to run faster. For monthly challenge workouts, I do like when my family joins me, it's fun to make fitness a family activity.
4. What’s the best part about where you live?
Well, I live outside of Pittsburgh, which is a beautiful city, home of the Steelers (I bleed black and gold!) As far as where I live, we have a  large yard and I love to just sit outside in the yard and enjoy the quiet and calm of the country. 
5. What’s your favorite piece of gym equipment?
Hmmm....I like to push myself on the leg press to see just how much weight I can press. For cardio, I like the Precor EFX machine, it is such a good workout.
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Oh man, I'm not sure I could pick just one.  I enjoy baked goods (bad) and Facebook (time suck)
7. If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on first? (but not a real green dress, that’s cruel!)  
This one is easy for me.  A new house.  I like where I live but I could use an upgrade that doesn't need as much work!
8. What other windows or tabs are open on your computer right now?
Google (for Liebster definition) and Flex and Shout Fitness blog for reference on this nomination.
9. Apple or PC? Why
I have a PC.  I haven't taken the jump to an Apple product.....not sure if I ever will.  Maybe someday ;)
10. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably pizza.  I know it's not the healthiest thing but I think it may be the only thing that I wouldn't get sick of eating!

And now, here are my nominees:

1.  Susan at Simply Modern Dance
2.  Lauren at Run Salt Run
3. Tiffany at The Chia Athlete
4.  Michelle at One More Biz
5.  Amanda at Running By Day
6.  Angelica at Helly on the Run
7.  Courtney at Run for Cupcakes
9.  Katy at Joy Laughter Sweat
10.  Angela at Cowgirl Runs

Now, on to my questions for you!

1.  What is your favorite song to workout to?  
2.  What is your dream race to run?
3.  If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
4.  What is your biggest pet peeve about the gym?
5.  What is your most favorite piece of workout clothing that you own?
6.  How do you relieve stress?  Workout, yell, cry?
7.  Do you encourage others to workout with you?  
8.  What is your dream vacation destination?
9.  What is your idea of a dream date?
10.  What is your biggest accomplishment in life, so far?

Thank you, again, to Rebecca at Flex and Fitness for her nomination!!










4 comments:

  1. Loved your answers and thanks for the nomination!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination!! I would also choose pizza, its my one true weakness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the nom! Once you go Apple, you will never go back :) I'm not sure I could function without my Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination chica!

    ReplyDelete